Skip to Content

A few weeks before your cheque arrives HMRC will send you:

  1. Tax rebate calculations

  1. P2 coding notice

Before your cheque arrives you will receive tax rebate calculations and an updated P2 coding notice

Understanding your Tax Calculations

Shortly before HMRC issue your rebate cheque they will send you tax calculations, usually for each of the years you have claimed for. Please note the values are cumulative so the total value of your rebate is the value in the "Repayment Due" section of the most recent tax return. For most people this will be found on the 2011/12 return.

The value of the rebate is not the sum of all the "Repayment Due" sections on each annual tax return. For a more detailed explanation please refer to our HMRC calculation guide.

P2 Coding Notice

Your 'PAYE Coding Notice' tells you what your tax code is and how it's worked out. The tax code tells your employer or pension provider what tax-free income you're entitled to over the tax year and, as a result, how much tax to take off your income before they pay you. This system of collecting tax is called PAYE (Pay As You Earn).

Once a new P2 Coding Notice has been issued you do not have to do anything. We recommend that you check your next payslip to ensure that your payroll department is using your updated Tax Code.

For further details please visit the HMRC website:


"I found the service from SRS to be excellent from start to finish. The process was simple and totally efficient. When i needed to ring, there were no automated messages, only friendly people who answered my questions. I received £319.61 without doing any form filling or searching for past payments. First Class!"

Mr M Johns, County Durham

"It was very easy to secure a tax rebate. I made a phone call and gave some personal details. In a few days I received some forms which required signatures and six weeks later received a tax rebate for £240.93."

Mrs D Walsh, Belfast

"A professional service that is so simple and user friendly that it would be daft not to contact SRS."

Mr L Stoodley, Kent

"A great service! Not only did SRS refund my expected overpaid tax on union subscriptions, they also sorted out my rather complicated tax records so that my final payment (less their very modest fee) was MUCH more than I expected. I would recommend SRS to anyone wanting to receive a repayment of overpaid tax."

Ms S Mills, Derby, Received over £1,000

"Thank you for your excellent service. I found your company to be extremely professional and helpful in assisting me in reclaiming my tax rebate - it was a quick and easy process. Thanks once again."

Mr S Fullelove, Oldham

Social workers are entitled to claim a tax rebate on their professional fees

Top of the page