Skip to Content

I'm not a social worker, can I still claim?

It is not only social workers who can claim tax relief, members of many other unions and professional associations are also entitled.

You can claim provided that you pay subscriptions to a HM Revenue & Customs approved body and you make the payments out of your own income.

SRS have established dedicated services to assist health workers and teachers to reclaim their overpaid tax. Individuals who pay to; RCN, RCM, NMC, Unison, NUT, NASUWT, NAHT amongst others are entitled to claim.

If you are unsure as to whether or not you can claim, please call our helpline 0161 370 6555 where one of our helpful agents will be able to assist you.


"I found the service from SRS to be excellent from start to finish. The process was simple and totally efficient. When i needed to ring, there were no automated messages, only friendly people who answered my questions. I received £319.61 without doing any form filling or searching for past payments. First Class!"

Mr M Johns, County Durham

"It was very easy to secure a tax rebate. I made a phone call and gave some personal details. In a few days I received some forms which required signatures and six weeks later received a tax rebate for £240.93."

Mrs D Walsh, Belfast

"A professional service that is so simple and user friendly that it would be daft not to contact SRS."

Mr L Stoodley, Kent

"A great service! Not only did SRS refund my expected overpaid tax on union subscriptions, they also sorted out my rather complicated tax records so that my final payment (less their very modest fee) was MUCH more than I expected. I would recommend SRS to anyone wanting to receive a repayment of overpaid tax."

Ms S Mills, Derby, Received over £1,000

"Thank you for your excellent service. I found your company to be extremely professional and helpful in assisting me in reclaiming my tax rebate - it was a quick and easy process. Thanks once again."

Mr S Fullelove, Oldham

Social workers are entitled to claim a tax rebate on their professional fees

Top of the page