Skip to Content

Main Social Worker Organisations

Members of all of the main social worker organisations are entitled to make a rebate claim on the subscription fees they have paid over the past 4 years which could be worth between £150 and £250.

In addition your tax free allowance will increase, reducing the amount of tax you pay in future years by at least £48 per annum.

Members of most organisations can make a claim by calling 0161 370 6555

To make an application with SRS Social Workers by phone you generally don't need to know your union payments. We have these for the major unions and professional organisations.

However if you are unsure we recommend that you contact your unions who will confirm that you are entitled to claim.

Contact Details

HPC - Health Professions Council
Contact Number: 0845 300 4472

GSCC - General Social Care Council
Contact Number: 0845 070 0630

NISCC - Northern Ireland Social Care Council
Contact Number: 028 9041 7600

SSSC - Scottish Social Services Council
Contact Number: 0845 60 30 891

CCW - Care Council for Wales
Contact Number: 0300 30 33 444

Professional Organisations

In addition to being able to claim for the main social worker organisations you can also claim tax relief on payments made to many other professional bodies


"I found the service from SRS to be excellent from start to finish. The process was simple and totally efficient. When i needed to ring, there were no automated messages, only friendly people who answered my questions. I received £319.61 without doing any form filling or searching for past payments. First Class!"

Mr M Johns, County Durham

"It was very easy to secure a tax rebate. I made a phone call and gave some personal details. In a few days I received some forms which required signatures and six weeks later received a tax rebate for £240.93."

Mrs D Walsh, Belfast

"A professional service that is so simple and user friendly that it would be daft not to contact SRS."

Mr L Stoodley, Kent

"A great service! Not only did SRS refund my expected overpaid tax on union subscriptions, they also sorted out my rather complicated tax records so that my final payment (less their very modest fee) was MUCH more than I expected. I would recommend SRS to anyone wanting to receive a repayment of overpaid tax."

Ms S Mills, Derby, Received over £1,000

"Thank you for your excellent service. I found your company to be extremely professional and helpful in assisting me in reclaiming my tax rebate - it was a quick and easy process. Thanks once again."

Mr S Fullelove, Oldham

Social workers are entitled to claim a tax rebate on their professional fees

Top of the page