Skip to Content

HM Revenue & Customs deem that certain organisations are helpful to be a member of and are necessary to an individuals' work.

You can claim tax relief for all the payments that have been made to the main social worker organisations, the care councils and other professional associations for the last 4 years normally worth between £150 and £250.

In addition your tax free allowance will increase, reducing the amount of tax you pay in future years by at least £48 per annum.

You're entitled to claim tax relief on fees paid to the social worker organisations amongst others

You are entitled to claim if; you are a UK tax payer, you make the payments from your own earnings and pay subscriptions fees to HM Revenue & Customs approved bodies.

For more information regarding your entitlement, please visit the HM Revenue & Customs website.

If you are unsure as to whether you can claim for your organisation, please do not hesitate to contact us.

For a more comprehensive list of organisations, please visit the HM Revenue & Customs website.


"I found the service from SRS to be excellent from start to finish. The process was simple and totally efficient. When i needed to ring, there were no automated messages, only friendly people who answered my questions. I received £319.61 without doing any form filling or searching for past payments. First Class!"

Mr M Johns, County Durham

"It was very easy to secure a tax rebate. I made a phone call and gave some personal details. In a few days I received some forms which required signatures and six weeks later received a tax rebate for £240.93."

Mrs D Walsh, Belfast

"A professional service that is so simple and user friendly that it would be daft not to contact SRS."

Mr L Stoodley, Kent

"A great service! Not only did SRS refund my expected overpaid tax on union subscriptions, they also sorted out my rather complicated tax records so that my final payment (less their very modest fee) was MUCH more than I expected. I would recommend SRS to anyone wanting to receive a repayment of overpaid tax."

Ms S Mills, Derby, Received over £1,000

"Thank you for your excellent service. I found your company to be extremely professional and helpful in assisting me in reclaiming my tax rebate - it was a quick and easy process. Thanks once again."

Mr S Fullelove, Oldham

Social workers are entitled to claim a tax rebate on their professional fees

Top of the page